Yes, most Airpods work do work with Garmin Watch to keep ensure users get entertained even as they exercise to keep fit.
Don’t get excited just yet, for you to enjoy the benefit of wireless external headsets you will need a Garmin watch that has merged song player and memory.
Other headsets that are compatible with the Garmin smartwatch include Anker, Beat, and headphones by Bose among others.
Buy on Amazon
|Special features: Phone Control, Fast Charging, Water-Resistant, Microphone included, Sweat-proof, Volume Control, Wireless.|
Compatible Devices: Tablets, Laptops, Cellphones, Gaming Consoles, Music Equipment
Included in the Package: AirPods Pro, Silicone ear tips of 3 sizes, MagSafe Charging Case, USB-C Cable
Head Jack: 3.5 mm Jack
Sync Airpods to Garmin Forerunner 245 And Garmin Forerunner 945 Watch
Garmin Forerunner 245 and Forerunner 945 share the same feature as Fenix 5 and Fenix 6. The feature we are talking about is the inability to sense touch, in simple terms, they are not a touchscreen.
Even so, connecting the Garmin forerunner models is possible but it feels tedious and will take much time because you will need to navigate through settings using the side buttons to connect to Airpods.
Apart from Garmin Forerunner 945 and Forerunner 245, other Forerunner series that can have music include, the Forerunner 645, Forerunner 935, and Forerunner 745.
Having exempted the Forerunner 645 Music because it connects differently, uses the following steps to AirPods with your Forerunner.
- Have the workout tracker on its charging case
- Push the button behind the case until a LEDs lights to signify the pairing mode is active.
- Use the side buttons to find the Music option. Use the start key for OK.
- With the help, buttons scroll downwards to the Headphones option and opt for the option.
- Press the Start Key to confirm
- Let the Forerunner search for your Airpods. Press the Start/Stop button to choose your Airpods from the list of Bluetooth devices discovered.
- Now play your music because Garmin is connected to your Airpods.
Connecting Apple Airpods And AirPods Pro To Garmin Vivoactive 4, Vivoactive 4S, And Vivoactive 3
Note, that not all Airpods and Airpods Pro will connect to Garmin Vivoactive Series smartwatches. If you read above you know why.
For those that haven’t, here is the explanation. Only Garmin smartwatches with an integrated music player that play locally stored music can pair with Apple Airpods and Airpods Pro.
Unfortunately not all Garmin exercise watches can store music locally hence not all will work with Airpods.
The ones that can connect to Airpods to keep you entertained include Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, Garmin Vivoactive 4, and Garmin Vivoactive 4S.
To successfully connect Garmin Vivoactive 4S and Garmin Vivoactive 4 you will have to follow the following simple steps.
- First, place the AirPods in their charging case.
- Long press the button situated at the back of the case.
- Wait until LED lights flash white, which means the Airpods are on pairing mode and ready to connect to a nearby device.
- Go to the main menu on your Garmin Vivoactive 4 or Vivoactive 4S and opt for settings.
- Find and tap the Phone option once you scroll to the bottom
- Tap Status, this turns on your device’s Bluetooth Connection.
- Head back to the menu and tap Sensors.
- Tap Add New then tap Headphones and let the Garmin Vivoactive 4/4S search for nearby AirPod devices.
- Once the search is complete and all nearby devices have been discovered find the AirPods you want from the list of discovered devices and tap on it, it will take less than 5 seconds for the Garmin watch and Airpods to connect.
- Once the connection is successful, play any track you love and enjoy as you work out.
Connecting AirPods To Garmin Fenix 5, Fenix 6, And Fenix 7 Watch
Although connecting Garmin Fenix 6 to Airpods is possible, it is not as easy as on Garmin Fenix 7 which is its predecessor.
The reason is, that Fenix 7 is a touchscreen like the Vivoactive Series hence simplified navigation, unlike its predecessor which uses buttons to connect. Follow these few steps to get your Garmin Fenix 7 connected to Airpods.
- Ensure Fenix 7 is on the charging case.
- Press and hold the button at the back to activate the connection mode.
- Open the settings on Fenix 7 then tap Music.
- Tap Headphone, then Add New
- Find your Airpods Pro from the discovered list of Bluetooth devices.
- Tap on your Airpods Pro once you identify it and wait for the watch and activity tracker to pair.
- Now play your music after the pair is successful.
In addition, you can sync your Garmin Fenix 5 or Fenix 6 by doing the following:
- Open Setting on either of the fitness trackers
- Scroll down to Music then tap Start/Stop.
- Scroll to Headphones, then press Start.
- A list of paired headsets will show, scroll downwards to find the Apple AirPods and tap Start
- The Fenix 6 smartwatch will explore for your AirPods. Choose them when they appear on the discovered list.
- Now Garmin Fenix 6 is successfully connected to your Airpods and what remains is listening to music and podcasts.
Pairing AirPods with Garmin Venu 2S, Garmin Venu Sq Music, and Garmin Venu 2
Users with Apple AirPods can easily connect with Garmin Venu Series smartwatches apart from Garmin Venu Sq.
Also, Garmin Venu 2 Plus and Venu can connect to Airpods and Airpods Pro. Below are a few steps to get you connected to Garmin Venu 2S and other Venu Series watches.
- Put the Airpods on the charging case. Ensure the range between the Airpods and Venu 2S is close.
- Long press the button at the back of the charging case to activate pairing mode.
- Launch settings on Venu 2S
- Choose Music then Headphones followed by New.
- Choose your headset from the list of devices that pop and while for a few seconds for pairing to complete.
- Once the pairing process is complete, you get a chance to play back your favorites.
Fixing Audio Issues When Using AirPods With Garmin Watch
Try the following if you are experiencing audio issues while using AirPods headphones with your Garmin Music Watch.
- Ensure the battery isn’t low. Audio issues may come about as a result of low charge. So, try solving the issue by charging both devices.
- One of the reasons you might be experiencing audio issues while using AirPods is that the firmware is out of date. Therefore, make sure the firmware on both devices is up to date.
- Resolve the temporary glitches by restarting your AirPods and Garmin Watch. You may also consider resetting your AirPods for great results.
- Disconnect all other Bluetooth devices around you because they may be interfering with frequencies hence affecting the audio quality.
In case the issues persist don’t hesitate to contact Garmin or Apple Customer Support for added assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t My Garmin AirPods Connect?
In case your Garmin smartwatch doesn’t connect to the AirPods consider troubleshooting the Garmin watch.
Try rebooting or restarting your Garmin watch but ensure the Bluetooth connection is turned off before doing so.
Once the watch is back on, enable the Bluetooth connection and retry synchronizing the AirPods with Garmin. This troubleshoot should work just fine.
Are Garmin Watches Compatible with iPhones?
Yes, Garmin watches connect to iPhones (Apple devices). You will only need an iPhone smartphone or device that runs on iOS 7 and above. Anything Apple device operating below iOS 7 cannot sync with Garmin watches.