Garmin watches are most built for sports and outdoor activities. Sports and outdoor activities can make the Garmin band wear and tear.
Can the Garmin bands be changed? Garmin watches have spare bands available to replace the ones that get damaged in the process of workouts.
Luckily, almost all Garmin watches come with replacement bands. Later on in this article, we will share a long list of Garmin bands worth the money.
Before choosing any Garmin band it is important that you know how to take off the Garmin watch band from the watch and how to replace or change Garmin watch bands. Let’s briefly discuss each of the considerations:
How to Take Off and Change Garmin Watch Bands (Gamin Band Replacement)
The bands on Garmin watches are either held in place with watch pins, the band, or screws. Fortunately, removing watch pins and screws on Garmin to release the band is an easy task that shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes. To remove the Garmin watch bands that are pinned follow the below steps:
- Get a firm grip on the watch and using a needle or paper clips push the pin that secures the band to the watch. Luckily, Garmin Forerunner 235 kit includes the bands, pins and pin removers, and band keepers to help you replace the bands on the Garmin watch.
- Once the pin is pushed outside pull the band gently from the watch.
- Now, place the new band on the watch, descend it to the holes on the Garmin watch, and hold the band into place by pushing the watch pin until it comes into place.
- Use this same step to replace bands on Garmin watches like Garmin S2, Vivoactive 3, and Lily among many others.
In case your Garmin Band is screwed to the watch consider unscrewing the watch to release the bands.
Example of Garmin watches that have their bands screwed include Forerunner 935, Garmin Forerunner 230 / 235 / 220 / 620 / 630 / 735XT, Approach S20 / S5 / S6, and Fenix 3. Here is how to unscrew Garmin watch bands:
- Use two screwdrivers provided in the kit to unscrew the band from the watch the unscrew bands
- Once the screws and pins are out install the new Garmin band and tighten it with pins and screw with the screwdrivers.
If you don’t have a screwdriver for unscrewing your Garmin band consider checking these deals on Amazon.
The other way you can take off the Garmin band is by pushing the device out of the band. This band is compatible with Garmin Vivosmart 4, Garmin Vivofit Jr, Garmin Vivofit Jr2, and Garmin Vivofit Jr 3.
How to Adjust Garmin Titanium Band
According to Garmin, you are supposed to take the titanium bracelet to a professional for proper adjusting. You can also choose to carefully do it by yourself at home.
- Unscrew the links using a screwdriver
- Take out the same number of links from both sides of the Garmin titanium band so that the watch can remain at the center of the band.
- Using a pin remover realign the spring bar for size adjustments.
- Now, make your adjustments to the clasp, and as you do so be extra careful with the pin because it can accidentally move without you expecting it.
Band for Garmin Watch
Being able to interchange Garmin bands also makes it easy for us to customize the watch to match our daily looks.
The Garmin bands we are suggesting for you below are durable and feel comfortable while on the wrist. Here are some Garmin replacement bands you may want to check out:
Garmin Vivoactive Bands
This package will have a silicone Garmin Vivoactive band, screw pins, and pin removal tools. The pin removal tool is easy to use on Vivoactive watches.
The band is 26mm wide and 260mm long. The 5.70 8.26-inch options will fit most people. The band feels soft and comfortable. This band is compatible with Vivoactive 3 and Vivoactive 4/4S.
Garmin Forerunner Bands
This Garmin Forerunner comes with a width of 26mm and a length of 260mm wristband and features a buckle closure. In the package, you will find replacement bands, pins, and pin removal tools.
The band will well fit people’s wrists that are 5.11 to 8.46 inches. It also feels soft, and comfortable and will last for a long time.
It is compatible with Forerunner 220, 230, 235, 620, 630, and 735XT. It comes at an affordable price.
Garmin Venu Bands
The Garmin Venu band is made of stylish silicone that will fit wrists of 5.5 to 8.7 inches. Installing this band is easy and will require no extra screws.
The band is sweat-resistant and doesn’t slip on the wrist, feels comfortable, and will serve for long.
It comes at an affordable price and is compatible with Garmin Venu/Venu Sq and Venu Sq music/Venu 2 Plus.
Have a Fitbit Watch? Click here to learn how to charge the bands on it.
Garmin Fenix Bands
This band is silicone and is compatible with Fenix watches like Fenix 6X Pro, Fenix 7X, Fenix 5X Plus, Fenix 5X, Fenix 6X, Tactix 7 Pro, D2 Delta PX, Fenix 3, Fenix 3 HR, and Descent MK.
The bands fit wrists that are 7.1 to 8.9 inches and are also easy to install. The watch uses a screw spring bar instead of a pin spring bar to assemble the clasp.
The quality of the material used to make the band is top-notch, doesn’t give off an irritating smell, and feels comfortable. The band comes at a reasonable price and is easy to install on the watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Apple Watch Bands Fit Garmin
The latest Apple band sizes can fit on Garmin most Garmin watches. Unfortunately, the Apple band is compatible with most of the older Garmin versions.
Do Garmin White Bands Get Dirty?
White bands on a Garmin watch like Fenix 5S will get dirty when touched by dirty hands but the good thing is they can be cleaned to become as clean as before.
Sweat, body oils, and sunscreen are the things that will discolor your Garmin white bands.