Noom is yet another wonderful health and fitness app that aims at providing users with personalized coaching for weight loss. For users to lose weight Noom subjects them to personalized meal strategies as well physical activities. What we love the most about Noom is that it can be connected to a wide range of fitness trackers to track weight and fitness activities. But which fitness trackers are compatible with Noom?
Some of the best Noom compatible fitness trackers include Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Polar, Misfit, and Withings. These fitness watches will integrate with Noom to provide you with more accurate fitness readings and that way you remain focused on weight loss.
This post is not only going to discuss features you will find on activity trackers that support Noom but also show you how to connect each compatible tracker to Noom. So, without wasting time let’s discuss the 3 best Noom App compatible fitness trackers.
Important Notice: You cannot connect Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Polar, Misfit, or Withings directly to the Noom app. Instead, you will connect watches to Noom via their respective companion apps; the Fitbit app, Garmin Connect app, My Apple Health app, etc).
Top 3 Fitness Trackers Compatible with Noom
1. Fitbit Watches
Apart from Samsung Health, Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers can also connect to the Noom App. Connecting your Fitbit to Noom is easy, you only need to install the Noom App on your phone and then link it to your Fitbit Account. Noom collects data from Fitbit a bit slowly so make sure that you give the app enough time; have a bit of patience with you will data syncs. Leaving it at that, here is how you are going to connect your Fitbit smartwatch or fitness tracker to Noom.
How to Connect Fitbit to the Noom App (In 8 Easy Steps!)
- Launch the Noom health and fitness app and then open Main Settings Menu.
- Tap the App & Devices option.
- Opt for Connect Additional Devices.
- Select your Fitbit from the list of discovered devices.
- Tap Allow All to grant Noom permission to access your Fitbit profile, Fitbit devices & settings, and activities & exercises.
- Still, on the Noom app, go to the App & Devices option.
- Tap Choose Steps Data Source.
- Finally, select your Fitbit Account.
From this point, the Noom app will start pulling step data from your Fitbit and syncing it to its servers. It is also important to note that this sync setup is one-way (from Fitbit to Noom) hence expect Fitbit to start grabbing data from the Noom app.
How Do I Remove Noom From My Fitbit Account?
If your Noom trial has just ended or want to try a different fitness app do the following to disconnect your Noom app from your Fitbit account:
- Log into your Fitbit account.
- On your dashboard click/tap on the gear icon.
- Select Settings and then select Application.
- Find the Noom app and opt for the Revoke Access option.
2. Apple Watch
If you have an iPhone and want a watch that is compatible with the Noom app to help you keep tabs on your everyday activities consider an Apple Watch. Apple Watches are can connect to the Noom app very easily. Here you will connect an Apple Watch or My Apple Health App to the Noom app.
How to Connect Apple Watch or My Apple Health App to the Noom App (In 6 Easy Steps!)
- Download and then open the Noom app on your iPhone (Note, not on your iPad!).
- Tap Menu and then go to Settings.
- Scroll to Apps & Devices and select Connect to Health App.
- Tap on Yes, Let’s Go!
- Still, on the Noom app, go to App & Devices and tap Choose Steps Data Source.
- Select Health App Settings as your source. If you found Health App Steps already toggled on consider selecting Noom Pedometer and then select Health App Steps.
That’s it, the Noom app is now connected!
The Noom app will only access and read 5 classes of data from your Apple Health App. These 5 classes of data include Blood Glucose, Steps, Weight, Dietary Energy, and Active Energy.
How Do I Remove Noom From My Apple Watch or Apple Health App?
Removing Noom from your Apple Health App is so easy. Here are the 4 things you need to do.
- Go to Settings on the Health App from your iPhone.
- Scroll and tap on the Health option.
- Opt for Data Access and Devices.
- Select Noom and then tap Turn Off All.
3. Garmin Watches
Another amazing fitness tracker that is compatible with the Noom health and fitness app is Garmin. You will connect your Garmin Watch to the Noom app through the Garmin Connect app. Fortunately, like the rest of the fitness trackers on this list, Garmin is easy to connect to the Noom app. Here is how you are going to connect your Garmin to the Noom app.
How to Connect Garmin to the Noom App (In 5 Easy Steps)
- Download the Noom app if it’s not on your phone; tap to open the Noom app once it’s on your phone.
- Go to Settings and from there select Apps & Devices then choose Connect Additional Devices.
- Choose your Garmin from the list that shows and tap Connect.
- If prompted grant the Noom app permission to access and sync data from your Garmin Connect account.
- Under the Apps & Devices option select Choose Steps Data Source and then select Garmin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Fitbit Support Noom?
Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers will gladly connect to the Noom app through the companion app to keep track of your steps and other health information.
2. Is Noom Free?
You only get to use Noom for free if you’ve signed up as a new member. The Noom free trial is short; it only runs for a week. After that, you will need to pay a membership subscription fee of $59 per month.
3. Does Noom Work with Samsung Watch?
Sadly, the Noom app is not compatible with Samsung Health hence cannot connect to Samsung Watch. Instead of the Noom app, consider using Google Fit; which is offered for free by Google.
4. Should I Consider an Alternative to Noom?
Noom is a perfect app! However, considering other health and fitness apps to Noom depends on the features you are looking for in an app.
For example, if what you want is an app that is free to use, consider the Google Fit app the number one alternative.