Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers are the best Apple Watch alternatives. Fitbit watches are very much affordable and easy to maintain.
Even with all that monitoring the question remains, does or can Fitbit work with an iPhone?
Fitbit will work with both iPhone and iPad. However, your iPhone or iPad must be running on iOS version 14 or higher.
Having known that Fitbit can work with iPhone version 14 or later, it is time we showed you how to connect the two!
How to Connect Your Fitbit to Your iPhone in 14 Easy Steps
Connecting Fitbit to iPhone might sound a bit complex but that is not the case. Here is how you are going to successfully connect Fitbit to your iPhone:
- The first thing you want to do is head over to the Apple Store and download the Fitbit companion app. It is through this app your Fitbit will connect to your iPhone.
- Open the Fitbit app once it is downloaded and installed on your iPhone.
- If you don’t have a Fitbit account consider creating one. If you have an account proceed to log in.
- Once you are logged into your Fitbit account tap your profile picture/icon in your top left corner.
- Next, set up your device by tapping + Step Up a Device.
- Next, you will select your Fitbit.
- You will have to switch to the new Fitbit if another Fitbit is tied to the account. The reason for that is, Fitbit only allows a connection of only one Fitbit to a single account. So, if you don’t want to switch to the new Fitbit on the account you already have, you will need to create a new account to accommodate the new Fitbit.
- Hit on the Switch to (Fitbit X) button.
- Place your Fitbit on the charger (the Fitbit app will ask you to do so).
- The Fitbit App will scan the area for Fitbit and once it discovers your Fitbit, it will send it a 4-digit code.
- Type the four digits code on the Fitbit companion app on your iPhone.
- Once you’ve entered the code, your iPhone will as for your permission to pair with Fitbit through Bluetooth – tap pair.
- A pop-up notification will show – tap Allow.
Alas! You have successfully connected your new Fitbit to your iPhone!
A Video Showing How to Set Up and Use Fitbit for iPhone
Which Fitbit is Most Compatible with iPhone?
One of the best Fitbit smartwatches compatible with the iPhone is Fitbit Sense.
Once you have paired Fitbit with your iPhone through the Fitbit app you will be able to either accept or reject incoming calls.
With Fitbit Sense, you will be able to respond to text messages sent to your iPhone with quick replies.
You will also love the fact that the GPS tracker included on Fitbit Sense is built-in.
If you love swimming then this is the watch to collect your swimming stats with and let the Fitbit App on your iPhone do the analysis.
Also, if you compare Apple Watch Series 8 and Fitbit Sense is a lot cheaper, and that makes it a much perfect choice.
What to Like about Fitbit Sense.
- Fitbit Sense works with iPhone.
- Fitbit Sense is a cheaper option (Apple Watch Series 8 is a bit expensive).
- Has onboard GPS tracking.
- Fitbit Sense is waterproof up to 50 meters.
- Fitbit Sense will track swimming and use the Fitbit App on your iPhone to analyze the swimming data.
- Fitbit Sense has got good battery life.
- Can remotely control Spotify Music on your iPhone.
What not to like About Fitbit Sense
- The battery on Fitbit Sense drains fast with the GPS mode and music turned on.
What to Like About Fitbit to iPhone Connection
Even though you will need to switch from one Fitbit to the other on the Fitbit app, you can connect several Fitbit devices to that same account provided they are of different models.
Can You Sync Fitbit with iPhone?
Even though Fitbit smartwatches and Fitbit activity trackers can sync with iPhones to collect and analyze health and fitness data, the iPhone you are using must be running on iOS version 14 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Set Up Fitbit on iPad?
You can set up your Fitbit on your iPad. But why is that possible? Well, iPhone and iPad are in the same ecosystem and they both run on iOS.
The connection process of pairing Fitbit to iPhone (shared above) will also work to pair Fitbit to iPad.
2. Can You Use a Fitbit Without an iPhone?
Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers can work without phones like iPhones.
The only problem is when Fitbit is not connected to iPhone all the health and fitness data collected by the watch cannot sync to the Fitbit app.
Even though you don’t need to have Fitbit synced to your iPhone all day, it is important that you ensure a day doesn’t elapse without syncing so that all fitness data can be transferred to the Fitbit app for further analysis.
3. Which is Better, Apple Watch or Fitbit?
Fitbit and Apple Watches are both great options since they all work with iPhones.
Even so, I would go for a Fitbit Watch because it is cheaper and has the majority of the feature you will find on an Apple Watch.
4. How Well Does Fitbit Work With iPhone?
Fitbit will not hesitate to operate with your iPhone or iPad as long as the iOS version running is 14 or later. iPhone that has the iOS version 14 or later starts from iPhone 6S Series.
5. Why Won’t Fitbit Sync With iPhone?
We said you must have an iPhone running on iOS 14 or higher. So, the main probable cause for your Fitbit not syncing with your iPhone because you are using an iPhone that is running on an iOS version lesser than 14.
You can head over to Settings to confirm what iOS version your iPhone is running on.
Consider switching to an iPhone with a higher version in case you discover the one you are using is running on a lesser iOS version.
6. Can Fitbit Answer iPhone Calls?
Fortunately, once you have your iPhone and Fitbit paired and working with each other you will be able to receive calls as well as reject calls.
The best Fitbit Watches that will let you answer calls on iPhone include Fitbit Sense and Versa.