Your Apple Watch and bands are supposed to correspond. You can use any bands made for Apple Watches on the Apple’s 1st Generation watch, Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 3, Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch Series 7 and Apple Watch SE as long as the band and the watch match in size.
That said, here is how you will take Apple Watch bands off and change to a new band.
How to Remove Band on Apple Watch: Silicone or Nylon Strap
- Spread a micro-fiber, lint-free, or soft cloth on a flat surface preferably on your table this helps you avoid scratches especially when the apple watch doesn’t have a screen protector.
- Place the Apple Watch facing down over the cloth.
- Press and hold the band release button on the Apple Watch and slide the strap to remove it. Apple Watch users with link bracelets can remove the Apple watch band by simply pushing the quick-release button.
- Try the above step (iii) once more if the bands don’t release from the watch.
That is it! You know have the Apple Watch bands off.
In addition, you need to understand that the type of strap and loop used on an Apple Watch determines how the bands are taken off.
For instance, we have braided and solo loops that are designed only designed for Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch Series 6, and Apple Watch Series 7. We also have the Milanese Loop watch that will fit any Apple watch of 38mm or 42mm.
How to Change Apple Watch Bands
Now that we have the older band worn out it is time to take it out and replace it with another.
Fortunately, this is a simple process that won’t take more than 2 minutes. Here is how you are supposed to connect the new Apple band on your Apple Watch:
- Push the band release button on your Apple Watch and slide the band – don’t release the band release button until the band is out.
- Once the old band is out, slide in the new Apple watch band depending on the loop featured by your Apple Watch until you hear a click.
Tip: As you change the band ensure that the band you are replacing the old one with is of a good size. It is important that you put on your Apple Watch with the right fit.
That means if you use a band of the wrong size the Watch will fit sluggishly on your wrist if the band is too big or tightly if the band is so small.
Pick an Apple Watch band that is of the correct size. With the right band size, you will feel comfortable with the watch on your wrist for a long our, and the sensors at the back of the watch will collect more accurate data since the skin and the back of the watch will be in a good position thanks to the strap.
How Do You Fix a Jammed Apple Watch Band?
Never force the strap when you are sliding in the new strap or sliding out the old strap – in other words never force a jammed Apple band.
When you slide the new band in or old band out and it refuses consider sliding the band back and forth a couple of times until you get it to lock or slide out.
When sliding the band and it refuses to slide just leave it at that.
You might apply force and end up destroying the place where your new band fits and that means you won’t be able to wear the watch ever again – one side of the band won’t have a place to attach.
How to Remove Milanese Loop Watch Band from Apple Watch
Removing a Milanese loop watch band is not hard. It is somewhat similar to removing silicone or nylon bands.
You can make this even much easier by first sliding the bands through the band connector. Unlike the earlier Milanese Loop, which couldn’t slide through the band connectors, the recent one can.
How to Take off Link Bracelets from Apple Watch
Removing a link bracelet from an Apple Watch is so different from removing silicone/nylon bands and Milanese loop bands.
The first thing you need to do is separate the link bracelets into two and then slide the link bracelet out. Here is how it is done:
- Push the release buttons to fold the butterfly closure open.
- Press and hold one of the buttons band release buttons and pull the links apart to have the links in two parts.
- Press and hold the strap release button on your Apple Watch and slide the link bracelet from the slot.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the bands on Apple Watch?
You need to first take off the old band from the Apple Watch to change to be able to change to a new band.
To do so, pusht he band release button and then slidfe the band to remove it. Take the new band and slide into the slot with your finger still on the strap release button.
Where is the Apple Watch Band Release Button?
You can find the apple watch release button at the back of your Apple Watch. Turn to the back of your watch, push the release button, slide out the damaged strap, and slide in the new Apple watch band when you hear a click sound it means band is now in place.